Ayazona is committed to the health and safety of our entire community. With the ongoing concern around the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to arm our customers, Ayazona Fleet, and merchant partners with the information they need to know to stay safe when using our platform.
In order to keep yourself and those around you safe, we highly recommend the following:
Frequently wash your hands using soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and avoid touching your face with your hands. If you feel ill, stay home.
Follow community guidelines.
As always, and no matter the public health moment, we’re firm believers that you should treat everybody with respect. You can lose access to Ayazona if you are found to have discriminated against others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender, gender identity, age, or any other category protected under applicable law.
Prevent community transmission.
If we are notified that anyone using our platform — Ayazona, customers, or merchants — has tested positive for COVID-19, we will temporarily hold the account from using Ayazona until an incubation period is complete.
Frequently asked questions:
- What is COVID-19?
- Have my options for delivery changed?
- What is Ayazona doing to keep me safe?
- How is Ayazona keeping the Fleet safe?
- How is Ayazona keeping Merchant partners safe?
- What steps can I take to prevent an illness?
- Should I wear a face mask?
- Is it safe to order Ayazona?
- What if I think my food is contaminated?
- What if my Ayazona Fleet appears ill?
- I’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19. What should I do?
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is an illness caused by the novel coronavirus. Coronaviruses can cause mild respiratory infections, like the common cold, but can also lead to serious illnesses, like pneumonia.
Have my options for delivery changed?
We recently introduced non-contact deliveries, which allows you to specify where you would like your order to be left (for instance, on your doorstep or in your building’s lobby). You can always access this option when placing an order under ‘Delivery Options.’
Whether you are experiencing symptoms or exercising precautions, you may use this feature to limit person-to-person contact.
What is Ayazona doing to keep me safe?
Health and safety is paramount at Ayazona. Our COVID-19 Task Force is closely monitoring the situation and continuously looking into solutions that will help our community.
If we are notified that anyone using our platform — Ayazona, customers, or merchants — has tested positive for COVID-19, we will temporarily hold the account from using Ayazona until an incubation period is complete. We’re also connecting our Fleet to preventative care guidance from the CDC.
How is Ayazona keeping the Fleet safe?
We recently launched the No Contact Delivery Program, which which allows the fleet members to drop off orders at the door-step and at no time should they get into contact with the customer.
We have also disabled cash payments during this period and only accept payments through Mpesa, and Card transaction. Ensure to update your app to the latest version.
How is Ayazona keeping Merchant partners safe?
We have unveiled a pilot program for small businesses to more easily use our platform. In a time where brick and mortar business owners are seeing a decline in foot traffic, this program will temporarily waive commission fees for businesses in Nairobi Area.
We continue to recommend per CDC guidelines that if anyone working at any business during this time is experiencing symptoms to stay home and refrain from food preparation. We also continue to recommend per CDC guidelines that our Ayazona refrain from performing deliveries if they are experiencing symptoms.
What steps can I take to prevent an illness?
Heed the CDC’s common sense guidance to ensure you are remaining safe and taking precautionary measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Should I wear a face mask?
The CDC recommends that everyone wear a cloth face cover in public places, i.e., the grocery store. Cloth face covers are meant to slow the spread of the virus and protect other people from asymptomatic carriers. It is not a substitute for social distancing.
Simple cloth face covers fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low-cost (i.e., scarves, bandanas) can be used. Please refrain from using face masks meant for healthcare workers, such as N95 masks.
Cloth face covers should not be placed on young children under the age of 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
Is it safe to order Ayazona
By following CDC-issued guidelines, we can all help keep the Ayazona platform safe for everyone.
What if I think my food is contaminated?
If you believe that your order has been contaminated, please dispose of it immediately and report it to our team.
What if my Ayazona Fleet appears ill?
If the Ayazona Fleet who delivered your order appears ill, please dispose of your order immediately and report it to our team. We will take necessary action to prevent this from happening to others in our community.
I’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19. What should I do?
If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical professional and you have performed services as a Ayazona Fleet or are a Merchant on the platform, please report it to our team as soon as possible. Per CDC guidance, we will temporarily hold your account from using the Ayazona platform to ensure your safety and the safety of our community.
Please also take the following measures per the CDC:
- Stay home except to get medical care. People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 are able to isolate at home during their illness.
- Avoid public areas. Do not go to work or school.
- Avoid public transportation. Avoid ride-sharing, taxis, matatus, trains, and other forms of public transportation.
- Stay away from others. As much as possible, you should stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home. Also, you should use a separate bathroom, if available.
- You should restrict contact with pets and other animals while you are sick with COVID-19, just like you would around other people. Although there have not been reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19, it is still recommended that people sick with COVID-19 limit contact with animals until more information is known about the virus.